PLEASE ENJOY THESE MEMORIES of Senator Muskie shared with us by his fans. We would love to hear from you if you have a story to contribute. Just fill out the feedback form or send e-mail to email@example.com. Click on any of the names below to read their stories:
- King Golden resides in California. He was involved in the "Muskie for President '72" campaign.
- Lester Hyman worked on both the 1968 and 1972 national campaigns. He has contributed three long stories taken from a personal book of political memories that he wrote as a Christmas present for his children.
- David Lemoine resides in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Dave was a former intern in Senator Muskie's Senate office. He was recently elected to the Maine House of Representatives.
- Ron Linton, now retired, was the former Chief Clerk of the Senate Public Works Committee under Chairman Pat McNamara. McNamara created the Environmental Pollution Subcommittee for Senator Muskie to chair.
- Jack Sando is an attorney in Bethesda, Maryland. Read about his first experience at speech-writing for Ed Muskie.
- Dick Stewart was for many years a writer at the Boston Globe. Now retired, he served as Senator Muskie's 1972 presidential campaign press secretary.
- Herbert Hadad, a former writer at the Boston Globe, where he worked with Dick Stewart, served as Senator Muskie's 1972 presidential campaign deputy press secretary. He is a press officer for the Department of Justice, working in Manhattan for U.S. Attorney James B. Comey of the Southern District of New York.
CONTENTS: Introduction - About the Foundation - The Founder
The Next Generation - Picture Scrapbook - Oliphant Cartoons
Remembrances - Links to Resources - Contact Us
Copyright ©2005, The Edmund S. Muskie Foundation. All Rights Reserved.