CONGRESSIONAL RECORD INDEX
1962, 87th Congress, Second Session
MUSKIE, EDMUND S. (a Senator from Maine).
- Association of Shoe Executives of Maine, by, 7615.
- Chicago Society of Polish National Alliance, by, 9264.
- Electronics Industries Association, by, 4762.
- G. E. Bowe Winners, Bates College, F. M. Coffin, A2265.
- Medical Care for Aged, before Massachusetts Association of Relief Officers, by,8496.
- United Nations -- Is It Worth It? at Catholic University, by, 5900.
- Appointed to Board of Visitors to Military Academy, 5746.
- Appointed on Commission on Intergovernmental Relations, 4243.
- Allies Are Carrying Their Share of Aid, by Frank M. Coffin, in Washington Post, 9653.
- Asleep on the Deep, Nation magazine, W. S. Ellis, A3139.
- Attorney General's Opinion on Wiretaps, by Robert F. Kennedy, in New York Times, 9655.
- Chances Good J. F. K.'s Federal Budget for Next Fiscal Year Underestimated, by Sylvia Porter, in Bangor News, 1445.
- Communist Party, by Harold H. Martin, in Saturday Evening Post, 8626.
- Depressed Areas Law Operating, by Sylvia Porter, in Bangor News, 8626.
- Failure of World Communism, by Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., in Saturday Evening Post, 8629.
- G. E. Bowl Team Brings Fame to Bates College, Bates Bulletin, A2266.
- May Craig: TV Star, Look magazine, Eleanor Harris. A2747.
- Much Ado, by Walter Lippmann, in Washington Post, 1442.
- New Look at Old Laws, from Nation's Business, A7344.
- Rockefeller on Department of Urban Affairs, from New York Times, 1675.
- U.S. in New World Situation, by Ralph McGill, in Washington Star, 9656.
- Cloture petition, 7835, 8060.
- Designated Acting President pro tempore, 18982, 22110.
- Letter: Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations, by President Kennedy,10624.
- Letter: Forest products as agricultural commodity, by John C. Bagwell, 8525.
- Letter: Subcommittee On Intergovernmental Relations, by, 13386.
- Letter: Textile imports, to President Kennedy, by, 15572.
- Letter: Transactions tax on silver, by, 18327.
- Memorandum: Proposed Department of Urban Affairs, by Governor Rockefeller and Arthur S. Flemming, 1675.
- Press release: shoe industry seriously concerned by increasing imports, by Maxwell Field, 8542.
- Questions and answers on establishment of Department of Urban Affairs and Housing, 2132.
- Report HHFA Programs for Small Communities, 2134.
- Report: Number of Employees in Footwear Industry and Location of Plants, 15509.
- Department of Urban Affairs and Housing, by, 3221.
- First Hearing of Subcommittee on Intergovernmental Relations, by Senators Mundt, Ervin, and, 19906-19908.
- Trade Expansion Act, before Senate committee, by, 18243.
- Trade Legislation, by Harold 0. Toor, 15507.
- Trade Program, by Harold O. Toor, U.S. Shoe Manufacturing Industry, 6035.
- Tribute to Sister Miriam Theresa by Senator Morse, 8630.
- Table: Department of Urban Affairs and Housing: employment data, 3233,
- Table: Executive departments: establishment of, 3235.
- Table: Footwear industry: trade data, 15507, 15508.
- Table: Housing data. 3230, 3231.
- Table: Housing and Home Finance Agency, employment data, 3232.
- Table: Shoe imports, 8544.
Amendments offered by, to
- Trade bill, by sundry members of shoe industry, 19859.
- Text of S. 3050, relative to Irish potatoes, 4860
- Text of S. 3362, relative to metropolitan planning programs, 9450.
- Text of S. 3363, relative to Federal grants-in-aid, 9450.
Bills and joint resolutions introduced by
- Amend: Departments of Labor and Health, Education, and Welfare appropriation bill (HR. 10904), 13957.
- Amend: Public works standby authority bill (g. 2965),9268.
- Amend: Reservists and National Guardsmen (S.2697), 5476.
- Amend: Social Security Act: bill (H.R. 10600) relative to public assistance and child welfare programs, 13862.
- Amend: Bill (H.R. 12820) to validate coverage of certain Arkansas State employees, 22780.
- Trade Expansion Act of 1962 (H.R. 11970), 15395, 15506.
Remarks by, on
- Federal grants-in-aid: coordinated review of State and local applications for certain (see bill S. 3363), 9448.
- Immigration and Nationality Act: amend relative to quotas (see bill S. 3043), 5211.
- Mass transportation systems: additional assistance to metropolitan areas for (see bill S. 3126), 7006.
- Metropolitan area planning: grants for continuing support of (see bill S. 3362), 9448.
- Packaging and labeling: prohibit unfair and deceptive methods of (see bill S. 3745), 20398.
- Potatoes: establish acreage allotment on Irish (see bill S. 3050), 4859.
- Public health grants-in-aid: provide greater flexibility to States in use of certain (see bill S. 3592), 15192.
- Searsport Harbor, Maine: authorize project for (see bill S. 3578), 14942.
- Small business concerns: provide guarantees for leases of commercial and industrial property by (see bill S. 3345), 10703.
- Sugar Act of 1948: amend and extend (see bill S. 3290), 8975.
- Sui, Chin Wa, for relief (see bill S. 3740). 20283.
- Vessel Eugenie II: document as U.S. vessel (see bill S. 3264), 7892.
- Veterans: grant national service life insurance to certain (see bill S. 3289), 8975.
- Vote in Federal elections: protect rights of citizens to (see bill S. 3576), 14942.
- Notions and resolutions offered by
- Committee on the Economic impact of National Defense (Select) : establish (see S. Res. 375), 16022.
- Committee on the Organization of the Congress (Joint) : establish (see S. Con. Res. 93), 20757.
- Film of Mrs. John F. Kennedy's Visit to India and Pakistan: make available to U.S. people (see S. Con. Res. 84), 14630
- Mississippi: support efforts of President to enforce compliance with Federal court mandates in (see S. Con. Res. 96). 22119.
Reports Made by from
- Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations: report on first 2 years, 10623.
- Agriculture: establish acreage allotments for Irish potatoes, 4859.
- Agriculture Act of 1962: bill (S. 3225) to enact, 9294.
- Alexander Hamilton National Monument: resolution (S.J. Res. 29) to establish (use of, as vehicle for poll tax amendment), 4941.
- Bills passed over, 5472-5475, 9488-9491.
- Bridges, Styles: eulogy, 393.
- Briganti, Salvatore: bill (S. 971) for relief of, 9486.
- Bush, Prescott: retirement, 8496.
- College Academic Facilities Act: bill (S.1241) to enact, 1804,1805, 1810.
- Committee meetings during session, 1421.
- Deaf persons: bill (S. 2511) to authorize educational films, 16110,16111.
- Department of the Interior and related agencies: bill (H.R. 10802) making appropriations, 10265.
- Department of Urban Affairs and Housing, 2132.
- Department of Urban Affairs and Housing: views of Governor Rockefeller, 1675, 1677,1678,1967,1968.
- District of Columbia: bill (S. 3157) relative to sites for public buildings, 9485.
- Douglas, Paul: 70th birthday, 4997.
- Federal grants-in-aid: coordinated review of State and local application for, 9450.
- Hayden, Carl: 50th anniversary of congressional service, 2413.
- Johnson, Lyndon B.: 25th anniversary of election to House of Representatives, 6213.
- Latin American problems, 4958, 4959.
- Long, Oren E.: tribute, 22240.
- McCone, John A.: nomination to be CIA Director, 1326.
- Municipalities: grants for metropolitan planning, 9449.
- Older persons: medical care, 13862.
- Poll tax: resolution (S.J. Res. 29) to abolish, 4941.
- Reciprocal trade agreements: administration's proposals, 6035.
- Rockefeller, Nelson A.: statement on Department of Urban Affairs and Housing, 1675,1677,1678,
- Rockefeller, Nelson A.: views on Department of Urban Affairs and Housing, 1967, 1968.
- Shoe imports, 7615, 8541-8544.
- Shoe industry: trade legislation, 15506, 15509.
- Staith. Benjamin A., 11: tribute, 22253.
- Smith, Margaret Chase: commendation of, 4958.
- Social Security Act: bill (H.R. 10606) relative to public assistance and child welfare programs, 13862.
- Social Security Act: bill (H.R. 12820) to validate coverage of certain Arkansas State employees, 22780.
- Subcommittee on Intergovernmental Relations: notice of hearings, 19323.
- Textile Imports: bill (H.R. 10788) to regulate 8524, 8525, 8533, 8534, 8539-8544, 8652. 8654
- Textile industry, imports, 18237-18239.
- Trade Expansion Act of 1962: bill (H.R. 11970) to enact, 19857-19869.
- Trade Expansion Act of 1962: proposed amendment, 15506.
- United Nations: bill (S. 2768) to authorize bond purchase, 5899.
- White House Police force: bill (H.R. 11261) to increase 9487
Votes Of. See YEA-AND-NAY Votes