CONGRESSIONAL RECORD INDEX
1960: 86th Congress, Second Session
MUSKIE, EDMUND S. (a Senator from Maine).
- Eye of the Hurricane, by C. C. Furnas at commencement exercises, University of Buffalo , N.Y., A5049.
- Julius B. Levine, at Class Day exercises, Harvard University, A5694.
- Truth in Lending, by Senator Douglas before the League of Insured Savings Associations, 10116.
- Appointed Acting President pro tempore, 1701.
- Appointed on commission, 76.
Amendments offered by, to
- African Tour (a series), by May Craig, A4079, A4334, A4335, A4394, A4395, A4440, A4441.
- Africa on the Move (a series), by May Craig, A5417, A5418, A5483, A5484, A5529, A5530, A5574, A5575, A5633, A5634, A5695.
- American in Paris Practically Squirmed, by Murrey Marder in the Washington Post, 10795.
- As May Goes, in Good Housekeeping, 10115.
- Clinton Clauson Dies (sundry), from Maine newspapers, 386-388.
- Desire for Freedom Wars With Ancient Islam Rules, by May Craig, A4140.
- Era of Nationalism Brings Twilight of Kings, by May Craig, A4140.
- Ivory Coast Stays in French Community, by May Craig, A4176.
- Meet May Craig, by Patricia Schroth in Downeast magazine, 10115.
- Nationalistic Drive in Africa (a series), by May Craig, A4122, A4123.
- New Senator From Maine, by Olga Arnold and Laura Winslow in Ameryka magazine, 5149.
- Passionate Patriotism May Create Desired Union, by May Craig, A4141.
- People of Ghana Are Planning Fast and Hard, by May Craig, A4177.
- Political Stability Reflects Well-Being of Ghana, by May Craig, A4177.
- Shots and Thoughts That Precede a Journey, by May Craig, A4079.
- State Department Briefing Indicates Importance of Trip, by May Craig, A4080.
- Tour of Soviet Dams by Three Senators, from I. F. Stone's Weekly publication, A1016.
- United States Ponders, Russia Acts -- Africa on the Move, by May Craig, A4141.
- Visit to the Soviet Union and Poland, newsletter from, 136.
- Editorial: Clauson Was Man of True Honesty, in the Waterville (Maine) Sentinel, 979.
- Ike's Sad Homecoming, in the Des Moines Register, 10793.
- Versatility of Jennings Randolph from the Fairmont (W. Va.) Times A268
- We Learned All About Japan After Damage Had Been Done, from the Portland (Maine) Press Herald, A5682.
- Newsletter: American Plane Shot Down by Soviets-U-2 Incident, 12544.
- Prayer: Clinton Clauson Funeral, by Rev. John Daniel, 386.
- Release: visit to Poland, from, 9178
- Remarks regarding visit to the Soviet Union and Poland, by Senator Gruening, 136.
- Resolution: Clinton Clauson eulogy, by the Maine congressional delegation, 385
- Sermon: Clinton Clauson Funeral Service, remarks by Rev. Kenneth Garrison, 385
- Statement: Eagles' Jobs After 40 Campaign, by, 10485.
Bills and joint resolutions introduced by
- General Government matters appropriation bill (H.R. 11389): to amend, 13781,
- House temporary vacancies, filling of (81. Res. 39) : to amend, 1503, 1749.
- School construction bill (S. 8): to amend, 1146, 1919, 2026, 2076.
- Social security bill (H.R. 12580) : to amend, 15741.
- Student loan insurance bill (S. 2710): to amend, 13410.
Motions and resolutions offered by
- Arlington National Cemetery: enlargement of (see bill S. 3717), 13704.
- Colleges and universities: Federal loans for construction and improvement (see bill S. 3007), 2289.
- Credit extensions: require disclosure of finance charges connected with (see bill S. 2755),349.
- Edith Q.: document as U.S. vessel (see bill S. 3055), 2839.
- Electors of Federal officials: amend Constitution relative to qualifications of (see S. J. Res. 126), 1516.
- National transportation system: strengthen and improve (see bills S. 2935, 3020). 1581, 2407.
- Northeastern Water and Related Land Resources Compact: consent of Congress to (see bill S. 2842), 591.
- Pipe and Refrigeration Fitters Pension Fund: relating to effective date of qualification of (see bill S. 3694), 12970.
- Poll tax: eliminate as voting requirement in national elections (see bill S. 2868), 840.
- Woodrow Wilson Memorial Commission: establish (see S. J. Res. 152), 956.
Remarks by, on
- Administrative and policymaking positions: relating to tenure of office of persons appointed to (see S. Res. 338), 13307.
- Natural resources: accelerate development and utilization of (see S. Res. 311), 8995
- Water resource and development program: continue study of United States and Russian (see S. Res. 325), 10750
Votes of. See YEA-AND-NAY VOTES.
- Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations: increase funds, 13781
- Arlington National Cemetery: enlargement, 13706.
- Arlington National Cemetery: establish memorial area for medal winners, 13706.
- Civil rights bill, 5103.
- Clauson, Clinton A.: eulogy, 384.
- Craig, May: tribute, 10114.
- Des Plaines Refuge Area land conveyance, 14884.
- Education: Federal school construction bill, 2027.
- General Government matters appropriation bill, 13781.
- Green, Theodore F.: announced retirement from the Senate, 331.
- Murray, James E.: retirement from the Senate, 8869.
- O'Mahoney, Joseph C.: retirement form the Senate, 10689.
- Poland: Constitution Day, 9174.
- Poland: contributions to Western civilization, 9174.
- Summit conference: failure, 10793-10795.
- Talbertt, Vernon: 50th anniversary of Senate employment, 10112.